Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our Indian Ocean View

One of the best things about our time here for me has been the opportunity to work on my photography. I took photography in high school and absolutely loved it but had little time for it in college or after college. Before our honeymoon, M and I invested in an SLR camera and now I have time to actually learn how to use it. In anticipation of this extra photography time, I purchased some amateur photo-editing software before we left and have been playing around with it. It’s a lot of trial and error but it’s really cool to be able to adjust my photos since I’m still learning how to take good digital photos.

My favorite subjects are my kindergarteners and our view. The view especially allows me to play with different settings, plus it’s a pretty great view. We are directly across the road from the beach (about a 5 minute walk)and the editing allows me to remove the phone lines from the view. Below are some of my favorite shots that I have taken and edited while we’ve been here.







3 comments:

  1. oh gosh those photos make me jealous! just thinking the other day about missing the ocean. i really like the last one, at night-- thats always so hard to capture. good job!
    (baby) nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful fotos e! i especially like the one of the moon. and the rainbow.

    a friend of mine gifted me with a digital camera so i've been taking a lot of pictures. i still get them developed though, which was my complaint with most people about their digital photos. i'll share my shutterfly account with you guys soon so you can see my mexico fotos. ah! i keep switching back between fotos and photos because in spanish it's fotos.

    anyway, love you! enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those photos are spectacular! Remember when we were going to build you a darkroom? This is so much better! Gorgeous. The rainbow and the moon were my favorites as well. But, I admit to a certain fondness for the little trouble-making boy at school.

    XO, Mom/L

    ReplyDelete